If you’re looking to get-away from the hustle of the big city and want to visit or relocate to small town Texas, Granbury is a great small town with plenty of history, culture, and outdoor activities. Look no further, Granbury is a charming town, located in the heart of North Texas and offers visitors a diverse range of attractions, homes, schools and churches.
If you are wanting to visit, the attractions range from historic sites and cultural events to outdoor adventures and scenic views. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or an outdoor enthusiast, you’re sure to find something to enjoy in Granbury and possibly make it home.
Continue reading as we highlight the top 25 things to do in Granbury, so you can plan the perfect day, weekend get-away or your new home. From strolling the historic square to taking a boat ride on the lake, these are the must-see attractions that you won’t want to miss.
The Top 25 things to do in Granbury in 2023
- Visit the Granbury Square: This historic square features a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a number of events and festivals throughout the year.
- Take a tour of the Granbury Opera House: Built in 1887, this historic opera house offers a variety of performances throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Explore the Hood County Courthouse: This historic courthouse, built in 1889, features Victorian architecture and is open for tours.
- Visit the Granbury City Beach: This popular spot offers swimming, fishing, and boating opportunities, as well as a playground and picnic areas.
- Explore the Moment In Time Hike & Bike Trail: This scenic trail offers an opportunity for walking, jogging and biking, as well as a playground and workout equipment.
- Take a boat tour of Lake Granbury: Beginning in the spring, boat tours are available on the lake, offering a chance to see the beautiful shoreline and sunsets.
- Visit the Granbury Wine Walk: This annual event features wine tastings from local wineries, as well as live music and food vendors. (April 28-29, 2023)
- See a show at the Granbury Theatre Company: This community theater group presents a variety of plays and musicals throughout the year
- Go shopping at the Granbury Mercantile: This historic store features a variety of unique gifts, clothing, and home decor items.
- Visit the Acton Nature Center: This nature center offers hiking trails, bird watching, and educational programs.
- Go fishing on Lake Granbury: The lake is home to a variety of fish, including catfish, bass, and crappie.
- Visit the Granbury Cemetery: This historic cemetery features a number of interesting graves and monuments, including those of Confederate soldiers.
- Visit the Hood County Historical Museum: This museum features exhibits on the history of the city and the surrounding area. (Open Friday, Saturday and Sundays 1 pm to 4 pm)
- Visit the Lake Granbury Art Association: This art center offers a variety of classes, workshops, and exhibits in a variety of mediums.
- Visit one of the great Golf Courses in Granbury (Granbury Country Club, Harbor Lakes, Squaw Creek Golf Course): These 18-hole golf courses offer challenging rounds of golf and beautiful views.
- Go kayaking on the Lake: The beach has rentals that offer a peaceful and scenic way to explore the area. (Closed Mondays)
- Visit the Acton Local Market: This market features fresh produce and handmade goods from local vendors. (Seasonal)
- Visit the Granbury Antique Shops: This area features a variety of antique and vintage shops that will make you want to tell your friends and come back time and time.
- Visit the Granbury Ghost Walk: This guided walking tour shares the history, legends and folklore that surrounds Granbury (Friday and Saturday Nights).
- Visit the Granbury City Dog Park: Don’t forget your precious best friend, Granbury has a great Dog Park to let your pal run around and enjoy the city.
- Burn some calories at the Disc Golf Course: With 22 holes and several pin placements, you will be sure to get some great walking in at the Granbury Disc Golf Course.
- Catch a show at the Brazos Drive-In Theater: This historic Drive-In is well known in North Texas and is a great time for families or date nights. Be sure to check for show times.
- Saturday at the Brewery: Granbury is home of Revolver Brewing, be sure to check out their events, Saturday at the Brewery offers music, food and of course Revolver on tap.
- Live Music: Many locals host great musical talent, be sure to check out just a few: Silver Saddle Saloon, Bob’s Off the Square and Brew Drinkery & Bistro.
- Wine Tasting: Granbury is home to three local vineyards: Barking Rocks Winery (wine tasting Saturdays 1:00 pm – 5:00 PM), Pemberton Cellars Winery (check for hours and private events), and Bluff Dale Vineyards (Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays – confirm days and times for tasting).
Granbury is a Great Place to Live and Invest
As you can tell there is so much to do in Granbury and this was just a small glimpse of what our town offers. Granbury, Texas is a charming small town that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and outdoor activities.
Granbury is a great place to live and invest in, whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or an outdoor enthusiast. To help you discover the hidden gems of Granbury, we’ve compiled a list of the top 25 must-see attractions in the city. From the historic square to the scenic lake, these are the places that you don’t want to miss. If you’re thinking of buying a property in Granbury, don’t hesitate to contact us, we’d be happy to help you find your dream home in this charming community.
Looking to buy a home in Granbury?
Before you work with a real estate agent, you should do some research to have some idea of the asking price of properties in your preferred area, reviews about your desired neighborhood, and the amenities nearby. And if you plan to buy a home in North Texas, we’d love to help you get a good offer. And as local North Texas real estate agents, we can advise on some of the most suitable neighborhoods that fit your lifestyle. So call us today at (817)271-4058 to get started.